Are you a motivated seller? Help yourself and don’t become a pain in the butt. It’s amazing how some sellers become so desperate, they become a pain in the butt for everyone.
They become a pain in the butt for everyone around them, not only with their real estate agent.
Motivated or desperate
Quite often desperate sellers move into monster mode. The safest person to do this with is the real estate agent but some even do that with the buyer.
There is a huge difference between a motivated seller and a desperate seller. I have met motivated sellers and they always cooperate in every way. The home always shows spic & span, they make it available for showings and they get out of the way. They let the agent do his/her job.
What can happen?
What can really happen when you’re a pain in the butt seller? Honestly, nothing really important. You might not get any of the real estate agents to talk to you anymore. Only beginners and starving real estate agents will bother to list your property for sale. The good agents will hide from a pain in the butt seller. So if you don’t care for having real estate agents (then you shouldn’t be reading this article either), read on.
How to be a pain in the butt
Check out these 7 ways to become a pain in the butt property seller:
1. Do not listen to the price suggestions the agents give when they list the property for sale. Ask what you think is the value of your property, even though it’s overpricing it totally. Anyway, if the property doesn’t sell, it’s the agents’ fault. If it doesn’t sell, let’s go up in price. Selling a property in Costa Rica doesn’t have anything to do with pricing it right.
2. Do not give any showing appointments easily. Make it very difficult to show the property at any hour. Oblige the buyer to come and see when it suits you. Are you a real motivated seller? Then allow only showings once a week. Oh, and not during the weekend please!
3. Complain that the last showing took only 5 minutes. Why did it take the last client only 20 seconds to look at the kitchen? Oblige the agent to take at least 30 minutes to show your 1,500 sq. feet home. If not, ask the agent why he even brings buyers like that?
4. Talk like crazy when the clients arrive. Block the entrance for the 2 buyers with 3 kids and the agent until you’ve socialized enough. Can you imagine letting them through without knowing who there are, where they come from and if they can afford your house?
5. Behave horribly during showings. Interfere the showing as much as you can. Tell all your personal stories while taking over the showing from the agent. If the agent doesn’t allow you to do the showing personally, at least follow them around throughout the house. If you can, make a crowd in every room, so the rooms look real small.
6. When you receive an offer, do not even think about accepting it. Just say no! Just wait another 3 years to receive another offer, even if it’s going to be a lower one. Take a decision that does not make any sense and wait until you get what you want.
7. If you accept an offer, be a pain in the butt about it. Harass your family and your agent about having to accept a lower price than you wanted to.
If you are a really motivated seller, do the exact opposite as shown in the 7 ways to become a pain in the butt property seller. Be extremely nice to everyone around you, during the days before closing. Cooperate with everything you can. You should be thankful that you’ve found the road to freedom.
Don’t worry too much about being a pain in the butt seller or not, we’ll let you know when you are. Our agents have a lot of patience and know how to handle difficult situations, before and after closing. But they are also very straightforward and have my approval to tell you so when you are too much of a pain in the butt. Contact us now if you are looking to list your property in the Central Valley.
Feel free to leave your comments on this blog.
If you like this blog, connect with me on Google+ or subscribe to my newsletter by clicking the banner below.
I DO want to remind our readers that we appreciate any referrals you can send us. Please remember the GoDutch Realty agents when you talk about your home in Costa Rica, we appreciate it.